When you realized you’re not getting the most out of your IT investment with your current provider, you might just stick around – dreading the idea of having to switch companies. You’re probably thinking that changing IT companies is a daunting process but it’s important to consider the way your business is being affected.
While intimidating, switching IT companies can be a necessary activity. By switching, you can save your business from IT support frustrations and working with a company that does not help you achieve your objectives. Transitioning between companies is completely manageable. So, now you’re wondering, “How can this process be simplified?” Let’s discuss what to look for:
Characteristics of a Successful IT Company Switch
- The IT company understands the risks and takes the appropriate steps to mitigate the risk
- There’s a strict plan to follow to ensure a transition with minimal complications to your company
- You gain more from your new IT company such as, more IT professionals, faster response times, increased productivity, and strong security, to name a few
Signs of a Good IT Company
- The IT Company Prioritizes Cybersecurity: An IT company prioritizes cybersecurity by having protocols that will protect your network from changing cybersecurity threats. You can check their cybersecurity protocols with other clients and see if they have cybersecurity experts. A company that pays attention to cybersecurity reduces your vulnerability to cyberattacks. It saves you from the effects of network breaches, such as downtime, financial losses, data loss, and damage to your reputation.
- The IT Company Is Reachable: An IT company is reachable if they provide active communication channels, such as telephone numbers, ticket system, and email support. The company should also listen and act on your complaints or requests. Your organization may need to reach the IT company for clarification or during emergencies. You will have frustrations and avoidable losses if you cannot contact the IT company.
- The IT Company Ensures Compliance: An IT company can help you comply with regulations if they have the relevant certifications, hire professionals, and know the essential rules of your industry. For example, IT companies offering support to medical institutions should know and comply with HIPAA Rules and Regulations. Dealing with an IT company that helps you comply with rules can save you from penalties, such as hefty fines and suspensions of your licenses.
- The IT Company Provides Proactive Support: An IT company that offers foresighted support helps you identify IT opportunities and problems early. For example, they can have frequent maintenance of your IT infrastructure. These checks ensure your network works well, and you identify and fix IT issues early. Working with a proactive IT company helps you enjoy IT opportunities and deal with situations before they cause substantial losses.
- The IT Company Has Excellent Reviews: An IT company offers reliable support if its clients are saying good things about them. You may check for reviews on search engines, social media, or other platforms. Knowing what past clients say can inform your expectations and decision on whether to work with a company.
Steps to Follow When Switching Providers
- Don’t cancel your current IT Support just yet. Wait until the new company gets everything, they need to ensure a seamless transition.
- Get administrative privileges from your current provider for everything on your network. It’s important to have a master list of all credentials and settings for your new provider.
- Request that your new IT company does a comprehensive security review of your network, that way they can identify missing information and fix backdoors that could be putting your network at risk.
- Communicate support changes with your staff. It’s important to keep communication open to help them understand new protocols, processes, and other important information.
Ready to Switch IT Companies?
ECMSI is here to help make that process as easy as possible At ECMSI we make a point of helping our customers thrive. By creating an effective network security system, we’re providing you with a competitive edge. Let’s talk today: (330) 750-1428